Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Old Country Buffet




Every Monday my grand daddy and his brother and sisters meet at Old Country Buffet for lunch. It's so much fun because it's a standing "date", everybody knows about it, and you never know who's going to show up. Some times there are only three or four sometimes there's well over fifteen. It's ALWAYS a lot of laughs! And here's the coolest thing. My children really KNOW their great GREAT Aunts, uncles, and cousins.




From Left to right:


Suzanne (Aunt Doris's daughter), Aunt Doris (My great aunt.), Johnny (My Grand daddy), Alex (my nephew/Isn't he handsome?), Le (you know him!), Evelyn (my mom), Aunt Sue Joyce (My great aunt and truely someone who holds an extra special place in my heart!), Darnell (Judy's husband), Judy (Uncle Joe's daughter), Daniel (You know him too!), and Uncle Joe (My great uncle/sidebar:I used to think Uncle Joe and Andy Griffith were the same person.....)


Le and Daniel sat on either side of Johnny at lunch and across from Darnell and Uncle Joe. I was at the other end of the table and I couldn't hear what they were talking about but they were having a great time. That night, Daniel informs me "Cousin Darnell, Uncle Joe, and Johnny are voting for McCain." Come to find out, Daniel asked them who they were voting for and WHY? Then proceeds to tell them about anti Obama bumper stickers he saw. (And I'm sure he shared HIS political views with them........Can you say "Little Sandy"?


No comments: