Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I had two SAD boys this morning!

Last night it was all over the news. SNOW!!! One to three inches! The boys were TOO excited. They couldn't WAIT for morning. I too was looking forward to a day at home. I could sew while the boys played outside. Before the boys went to bed they did everything in their power to invoke snow. They put their pajamas on backward AND inside out. They each put a plastic spoon under their pillow. And they each flushed three ice cubes down the toilet. (Don't ask me where all of this started! I'm not going to worry until they feel the need to flick the on off switch 27 times before leaving a room. At that point I will seek therapy.) Dan woke up at 6am RAN to the window..............and burst into tears. "It didn't work! What did we do wrong? PLEASE don't make us go to school." The weird thing is that all the counties around us were out of school for the day! It appears the snow just skipped over us! I told the boys I think they need to keep the ice cubes in the toilet and not flush them! I dropped two very sad boys off at school and drug my very sad self to work. We'll revamp our ritual and try again soon!

No comments: