Friday, June 6, 2008

No pictures this week friends!

I'm sorry but I don't have any good pictures this week. It's been a crazy week. Le and Dan's last day of school was Wednesday.

Thursday the boys had their first swim meet. It was SO hot. The boys did really well. Daniel competed in the 8yr and under.He won 1st place in 25M backstroke which was very exciting! He won second place in 100M relay (breast stroke) and 3rd place in 100M relay freestyle. Le competed in the 9-10yr old division. He won 2nd place in the 25M backstroke, 3rd place in 100M freestyle relay, and 5th place in 25M freestyle. We were bummed because we thought Le won the 25M butterfly but he was DQed because his arms went below his waist on some of his strokes.

I have to tell the story about Daniel's first place. Last year Daniel didn't win any first place ribbons. This year Daniels first race was the 25M backstroke. The race started and he was doing pretty good. He was about 2/3 down the lane when all of a sudden he went into turbo speed and ended up winning by,literally, a second. We had a crowd of approx. 10-15 friends at the swim meet who were aware that this was Daniel's first win. We made such fools out of ourselves. You would have thought he had just brought home a gold medal for the US of A! We stopped just short of carrying him around on our shoulders. Of course, Daniel was beaming. Our friend Rhonda asked Dan, "What happened out there?". Daniel replied, "I KNEW I was going to lose and I just decided to go CRAZY!"

We will have another swim meet next Thursday. I will do my best to bring my camera and get some good pictures.

No comments: