Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cub Scout Camp Out
























































What a night! We had our Cub Scout Camp Out this weekend. The boys couldn't wait. We arrived at 6pm. Got settled and let the fun begin. Le swam with the other boys. Dan being Dan said it was too cold. He played on the monkey bars and climbed trees. After dinner there were games of kick ball and spud. After dark there were smores and games of flash light tag. Sandy stayed until around 10:30pm. (We struck a deal. I would sleepover in a tent if I didn't have to throw mulch all day on Saturday. Up until about 3am I thought I had the better end of the deal....) Camp FINALLY settled down around 11:30pm. It was a LONG night! Nothing like sleeping on the hard ground. Let me rephrase that. Nothing like laying on the ground all night long. All the boys were up by 6am. It was very chilly. The first words out of Daniel's mouth were, "Mom, I don't think we would make it on Survivor." (Duh!) After a hardy breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and coffee (Proof of God's Grace!) and rousing breakfast conversation amongst the parents , "I didn't sleep a wink.", "Did you get any sleep?", "Did you hear that damn bird?" etc. etc. it was home for a NAP! (While Sandy threw mulch.)

No comments: